Bakra Eid 2017 is just around the corner and it is time to get your hands on the tasty and aromatic Punjabi Yakhni Pulao recipe. This delectable Pulao recipe is one of the most loved recipes not only in Pakistan but all over central Asia, Latin America, many parts of the Middle East, Afghanistan and Bangladesh too. There is a huge range of rice recipes like the Singaporean rice, Sindhi biryani, Kabuli pulao and the delectable Murgh Yakhni pulao. The word pulao is derived from the Persian language and sometimes it is said that it shares meaning with a Sanskrit word “pulaka” which translates as a ball of rice.
The word Yakhni is the Urdu translation of the word broth or stock and refers to the great contribution of flavor during the preparation of the pulao recipe. The modern biryani recipes are said to be the descendants of the pulao as it was the first of meat and rice combination recipes that were made with buffalo meat nearly four thousand years ago in the Indian subcontinent. Although sometimes the biryani and pulao are confused with each other, there’s a great deal of difference between the two: their preparation methods are different, the ingredients used for the preparation are different and biryani is seasoned with spices and herbs while pulao is seasoned with stock or broth. If you want to download the complete recipe and preparation method of the Punjabi Yakhni pulao recipe along with the two minute instant video-guide .
Must try this Chicken Malai Boti Recipe
- Bony Meat Chicken/Mutton/Beef 750gm
- Yogurt 3/4 cup
- Mehran Basmati Rice (soaked- 30min) 750gm
- Mehran Ginger Paste 2.5 tbsp
- Mehran Garlic Paste 1.5 tbsp
- Onions 3-4 sliced
- Oil/ghee 1 cup
- Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pulao 1 packet
- Heat oil (2 tbsp) and add meat, Mehran Ginger & Garlic paste, Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pulao Masala and fry for 3 min. Now add 4 glass of water in it. Cover and cook on medium heat until meat becomes tender.
- When 3 glasses of water remain, take out meat and strain the stock by discarding the whole spices.
- In a separate pan Heat oil and fry onions till they turn golden, then dish out onion and let it cool down. Crush and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add meat and yogurt with fried onions and cook it for 5 min. Then add stock, boil on high heat and add rice.
- Cover and cook (15 min) until rice cooked properly. Remove and mix before serving.
Garnish / Serving:
- Garnish with slightly roasted almonds, cashew nuts and fried onions.
- Serving for 6-8 persons.
Chicken 45 min- Mutton/Beef 1-2 hours.